1. to lead a dog's life形容人过着贫困潦倒、惨不忍睹的生活
Tom’s been leading a dog's life since he gotdivorced.
2. dog eat dog残酷、竞争激烈
Some people say we live in a dog-eat-dogworld.
3. work like a dog指一个人努力、卖命地工作
They say that to be successful,a person has to work like a dog.
Such hard work can make him dog-tired.
5. sick as a dog病得严重
The situation would be even worse if shebecame sick as a dog.
6. Every dog has its days.每个人都有属于自己的运气/每个人都有时来运转的一天
Don't give up and try your best I believe everydog has its day。
7. You can never teach an old dog new tricks.老古董学不会新东西
You're never going to teach your father atthe age of 79 to use a computer. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, youknow.
8. meaner than a junkyard dog冷漠，不友好
He is a man meaner than a junkyard dog.
9. His bark is worse than his bite.刀子嘴、豆腐心
I wouldn't be scared of her if I were you.Her bark's a lot worse than her bite.
10. let sleeping dogs lie不要自找麻烦、自讨苦吃
Green is trying to let sleeping dogs lie.